Social Media Legal Information and Disclaimer
Guardian social media accounts currently include LinkedIn and is intended for general information purpose only.
Information on Guardian Capital Group’s financial results, shareholder meetings, annual report and regulatory filings is available at www.guardiancapital.com. Before you invest in any Guardian product please read its offering documents and most recent public disclosure available at www.guardiancapital.com/investmentsolutions/ or www.guardiancapital.com or www.sedar.com. Investment funds are not guaranteed, their values change frequently and past performance may not be repeated. Commissions, trailing commissions and management fees and expenses all may be associated with investment funds. You will usually pay brokerage fees to your dealer if you purchase or sell units of an exchange traded fund (ETF) on the Toronto Stock Exchange (“TSX”). If the units are purchased or sold on the TSX, investors may pay more than the current net asset value when buying units of the ETF and may receive less than the current net asset value when selling them. The indicated rate(s) of return is/are the historical annual compounded total return(s) including changes in unit value and reinvestment of all distributions and does/do not take into account sales, redemption, distribution or optional charges or income taxes payable by any securityholder that would have reduced returns. Performance is calculated net of fees.
As used in this disclaimer and on this site, the name “Guardian” is used to designate Guardian Capital LP, and its affiliates.
By following Guardian’s and/or Guardian’s employees’ social media posts, or otherwise consulting our social media sites on LinkedIn, you acknowledge that:
- the information made available to you in such posts, or otherwise on these social media sites (collectively, the “Content”), which may be of a financial nature, is for informational purposes only and is not intended as advice or a recommendation to buy or sell of any particular security, strategy, or investment product, and is not intended as encouragement for or against taking any specific course of action;
- the Content is not intended to provide specific personalized advice, including, without limitation, investment, financial, legal, accounting or tax advice. Please consult an appropriate investment and/or tax professional regarding your particular circumstances.
- all investments, including Guardian products, contain risk and may lose value;
- Guardian does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the Content, and any reliance you place on the Content is strictly at your own risk;
- the Content should not be interpreted as an offer to buy or sell any financial instrument, and does not represent an investment recommendation or confirm any transaction whatsoever; and
- the Content may not be considered as legal, accounting, tax-related or other advice and does not constitute professional advice of any nature regarding your personal situation.
Guardian may occasionally share content that it deems of interest to its audience. Sharing by Guardian should not be interpreted as an endorsement of the originator, the content of the original post, or of any organization the original post refers to. Other links or references to sites or third party information not controlled by Guardian do not imply any recommendation, advertising or judgment by Guardian regarding the same. Furthermore, Guardian is not responsible for content that third parties publish or otherwise transmit via their social media accounts.
From time to time a portfolio manager, analyst or other Guardian employee may express views regarding a particular company, security, and industry or market sector. The views expressed by any such person are the views of only that individual as of the time expressed and do not necessarily represent the views of Guardian or any other person in the Guardian organization. Any such views are subject to change at any time, based upon markets and other conditions, and Guardian disclaims any responsibility to update such views.
Certain Content may contain forward-looking statements (“FLS”) that are predictive in nature and may include words such as “expects,” “anticipates,” “intends,” “plans,” “believes,” “estimates” and similar forward-looking expressions or negative versions thereof. FLS are based on current expectations and projections about future general economic, political and relevant market factors, such as interest, and assuming no changes to applicable tax or other laws or government regulation. Expectations and projections about future events are inherently subject to, among other things, risks and uncertainties, some of which may be unforeseeable and, accordingly, may prove to be incorrect at a future date. FLS are not guarantees of future performance, and actual events could differ materially from those expressed or implied in any FLS.To the maximum extent allowed by law, Guardian shall not be liable in any way for any damages of any kind sustained by you as a result of your use of any Content communicated on this site. In particular, but without prejudice to the generality of the foregoing, Guardian shall not be liable for any indirect, special, consequential or exemplary damages of any kind arising out of or in connection with the Content or this site. This disclaimer and the use of this site are subject to the laws of the Province of Ontario (without reference to its conflict-of-law rules) and the federal laws of Canada applicable therein. Any dispute arising out of or in connection with this site shall be submitted to the competent courts of the Province of Ontario.
Guardian is not affiliated with LinkedIn and does not expressly or implicitly adopt or endorse any of the expressions, opinions or content posted by others or any third parties on Guardian’s LinkedIn page. Guardian does not control, serve, adopt, or endorse any products, services, advertisements or recommendations that LinkedIn may publish on its site.
Any non-Guardian URLs to external websites found on LinkedIn are not affiliated with Guardian, unless identified otherwise, and Guardian has not been involved in the preparation of the content supplied at such unaffiliated sites and does not guarantee or assume any responsibility for its content.
Social Media Commenting Guidelines
To keep social media platforms useful for everyone, please keep the following social media commenting guidelines in mind:
- Be respectful: Maintain a friendly environment with constructive comments and civil conversations. Do not post unlawful, inappropriate, abusive, defamatory or offensive material, or material that contain profanities.
- Stay relevant: Contribute to the topic of discussion only. Comments should relate to the original post. Do not post advertisements.
- Avoid posting personal information: Do not post personal or account information or transaction details.
- No Advice: Do not advocate for or against specific securities or investments. Discussions about investment advice, trading strategies or recommendations will be removed. This social media platform is for informational purposes only.
- Questions or complaints: If you have specific questions or a complaint, please contact Guardian directly at: Phone: 416-634-8341 or Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Employees of Guardian: Guardian employees are required to adhere to specific social media policies before engaging in any social media activity relating to Guardian strategies any Guardian Capital Funds, or other services offered by Guardian.
Guardian reserves the right to remove and moderate comments. We reserve the right to restrict users who don’t follow these guidelines, have online pages containing offensive content or serving as promotional sites, or for any other reason.
Comments, statements and opinions posted by users are the responsibility of the person who posted them. Guardian does not adopt, endorse or guarantee the accuracy of content posted by others and such content does not represent the views of Guardian.
Followers who have a business relationship with Guardian or other beneficial interest in commenting are responsible for adhering to any restrictions for interacting online and any obligations to disclose that relationship or interest in their posts.