Canadian retirees are facing unprecedented challenges
The convergence of these challenges, combined with investment products that are insufficiently geared to address them, results in a misalignment between financial longevity and human longevity.
of Canadians are retirees1
Number of Canadians aged 85 years and older projected to triple by 20462
Low interest rates do not adequately support retirees' income needs
Relying on risk assets heightens sequence of returns risk in retirement3
Erosion of defined benefit plans has negatively impacted retirement income
Lack of solutions that address longevity risk
Outcome-oriented solutions designed specifically to address these challenges
Guardian Prosper™ offers advisors and their investors a suite of solutions designed to meet their specific income needs, helping investors achieve their optimal lifestyle.
GuardPath™ Longevity Solutions
Innovative portfolio longevity solutions that aim to guard investors' long-term financial security by maximizing cash flow in a risk-managed decumulation framework, or through significant lump sum payouts to hedge against the risk of outliving your capital.
- GuardPath™ Managed Decumulation
- GuardPath™ Managed Decumulation (Hybrid Tontine Series)
- GuardPath™ Modern Tontine
Geared towards retirees looking for attractive risk-adjusted returns and tax-efficient income4 without drawing from principal. Several risk control mechanisms are utilized to help optimize outcomes.
Access to Institutional Asset Management
At Guardian Capital LP, we have been managing institutional client assets since 19626, with clients ranging from private businesses to sovereign wealth funds. Now, retail investors can reap the benefits of these institutions’ thorough vetting processes when they invest in our strategies.
By making these institutional strategies and investment teams available to retail investors, we’re levelling the playing field.About Guardian Capital
Partnership with world-renowned retirement finance expert, Professor Moshe A. Milevsky, PhD
Recognized globally for his thought leadership in both retirement longevity and tontines, Moshe brings a wealth of knowledge to the Guardian team. As Chief Retirement Architect in collaboration with Guardian Capital LP, he has helped inform how our Guardian Prosper™ solutions are structured to address the real challenges faced by retirees.Who is Moshe Milevsky?
- Source: Statistics Canada, 2016 Census - Historical Age Pyramid. https://www12.statcan.gc.ca/census-recensement/2016/dp-pd/ pyramid/ pyramid.cfm?type=1&geo1=01.
- Source: Statistics Canada. "2021 Census: A portrait of Canada's growing population aged 85 and older", April 2022, https://www12.stat can.gc.ca/census-recensement/2021/as-sa/98-200-x/2021004/98-200-x2021004-eng.cfm. Accessed April 2022.
- For more information on Sequence of Returns Risk please refer to ur white paper at: https://www.guardiancapital.com/investmentsolutions/insights/retirements-hidden-risk-sequence-of-returns
- Distributions are expected to be primarily return of capital or capital gains generated from option premiums and securities transactions, which are taxed more favourably than income.
Some of the underlying funds managed by GCLP incorporate sophisticated investment tools, such as options strategies and liquid alternatives,
which aim to better preserve capital through the investment cycle while delivering uncorrelated investment returns. All of this is done with the intention of providing attractive risk-adjusted returns to investors.
- This Fund is an alternative mutual fund. It is permitted to invest in asset classes or use investment strategies that are not permitted for other types of mutual funds. The specific strategies that differentiate this Fund from other types of mutual funds include borrowing cash, engaging in short selling and investing in specified derivatives. While these strategies will be used in accordance with the Fund's objectives and strategies, during certain market conditions they may accelerate the pace at which your investment decreases in value. The Fund also pays the Manager a Performance Fee equal to 15% of the amount by which the Investment Performance of the applicable series of Units exceeds the aggregate of the High Water Mark and the cumulative Hurdle Amount during the Performance Period. Please refer to the Fund’s prospectus for additional details.
- Guardian Capital LP is a wholly owned subsidiary of Guardian Capital Group Limited and the successor to its original investment management business, which was founded in 1962.